A mystery tour, live performance and participatory installation with multi-level experiences using digital technology. Rear View is a unique interactive experience for all audiences where the streets of a town, city or festival become part of the performance. This exciting experience takes place on IOU's custom-made open top bus.
- 70 minute interactive experience set against your town, city or locale
- Includes location-specific storytelling, performance poetry, a thrilling score and digital projection
- Features performance poets Cecilia Knapp and Jemima Foxtrot
- Exciting combination of tour and performance aboard an innovative custom-built vehicle
- The show can tour anywhere with the set and technical equipment on board
- The Rear View bus becomes a mobile auditorium with your town as the stage
A key element is an eye-catching converted bus fitted with backward facing raked seating. This enables an audience to watch scenes played out behind the bus as it travels along and for set scenes that the bus can reverse up to for the audience to watch.
On board the Rear View bus, audiences wear positional sound headphones - a brand new product for theatrical usage currently being developed by IOU in partnership with University of York’s Digital Creativity Hub. The audience will experience audio both in real time with an imaginary soundscape blurring the line between fantasy and reality.
Current collaborators are: Without Walls, Blackpool Coach Builders, University of York’s Digital Creativity Hub and University of Huddersfield.
Rear View is funded by Arts Council England. Co-commissioned and presented by Batley Festival, Festival of Thrift, Greenwich+Docklands International Festival, Leftcoast, Blackpool, Fleetwood Festival of Transport featuring SpareParts, Norfolk & Norwich Festival, Out There Festival, The Piece Hall, SO Festival and Stockton International Riverside Festival. Supported by Dean Clough, Without Walls, Community Foundation for Calderdale, First Group, Squire Paton Boggs and SSP-UK.
Contact email@example.com for more information and a promoters pack.